3.11.2013

{skinny} brownie in a mug


Today was one of those days. Ya know... Lounging around in your pajamas literally ALL day. Pajamas to pajamas is how I roll. Skipping your run in the morning. Plopping your tush on the couch and taking quizzes, tests, and writing essays on the Eiffel Tower aaaaaaaaaaall the live long day. Did you know that the Eiffel Tower was sold as scrap by a con artist TWICE? I don't kid. 


It was also one of those OHMYGAWSHIWANTTOSHOVEVERYTHINGINSIGHTINMYFACE kinda days. I just kinda... grazed throughout the whole day. I had a normal breakfast. Ate two homemade energy bars while I was doing school. Had a carrot and hummus. Made this brownie. And then ate guacamole by the spoonful. That's how Sophie does it.


A few weeks ago, I came home from French and had a serious case of chocolategetinmymouth. I googled "healthy single serving brownie" and came across a recipe that claimed to be 100 calories. After I whipped it up, it ended up being approximately two tablespoons of batter. What kind of sick joke is this?! Not fair. 


I then proceeded to take matters into my own hands. Like usual. This brownie turned out SPECTACULAR, especially for being under 200 calories for the whole dang thing. It's perfect for when you're craving something chocolatey and fudgey without spending half your daily calorie count on a bowl or 5 of ice cream. Also. If you eat this for breakfast, I promise I won't judge. Imagine with some bananas on top. Or berries. Or peanut butter. Ooooooooooooooooor homemade whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Kinda defeats the whole skinny part of it, I guess.


{skinny} brownie in a mug

2 tbsp. wholewheat flour
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of baking powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. plain yogurt

In a microwave safe bowl or coffee mug, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder. Add in the yogurt and vanilla and stir until smooth. Microwave for about 1 minute. Depending on how gooey you like your brownie, you could microwave it for more or less since there's no egg in it. 


Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Gonna try this right now. I don't have plain yogurt, so I'm gonna use coconut Greek yogurt. healthier, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Just made this. So tasty. (: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whipped this up for the hubs and I this evening, and we loved it! (He thought I was a miracle worker when I answered his "Wish we had some snacks in the house" with "I'll be right back" and came upstairs with this). I substituted one tablespoon of the yogurt with one tablespoon of coconut oil. And because I felt guilty about that, I threw in some flax seed :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get ya on those "100" calorie mug cakes ... Who wants that measly serving? I LOVE how yours uses yogurt and real sugar! Definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made some, didn't have real cocoa substituted chocolate milk mix and a generous squirt of chocolate syrup. Ice cold milk made a perfect snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can it be in normal electric oven?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it can! The baking time will probably differ so just be sure to keep an eye on it :)

      Delete
  7. What can you substitute for the yogurt? I don't have any in the house right now and really wanted to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used milk. it works just as well. or cream

      Delete
  8. I used greek yogurt, which made it so thick that I couldn't stir it, so I added some water. It didn't turn out well. Next time I'll use milk instead of yogurt as the girl above said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge.

    Funny mugs UK & Retro Mugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing!! This is delicious. This was more of a sauce/paste for me than a brownie - too thin but the taste was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From my research:
    210 cals
    2.5g fat
    1.5g sat. fat
    170mg sodium
    46g carbs
    5g fiber
    29g sugar
    153.1mg calcium
    361.8mg potassium
    8g protein

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is also brilliant if you use sour cream instead of yoghurt - it's not so [slim], but tastes just brilliant. The perfect comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like the plain yogurt flavor is way too strong. Thoughts/ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried greek yogurt (all i had on hand) and it did not turn out well. I'll have to try the milk idea? Or coconut oil/milk...(:

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought this was very pasty and not worth the precious 210 calories. I am trying to be pretty strict about my caloric intake, and I was sad it wasn't as delicious as everyone had said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried it with plain yogurt, but the result was too sour and too chewy. The second time, I replaced yogurt with melted butter. It turned out way better.. in fact it tasted so good with gooey texture as I expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was just the chocolate fix I needed. I didn't have plain yoghurt so used non-fat instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a moment or two of your time to leave a comment! I love 'em!